Neighborhood Outreach

Who to call for neighborhood issues with people experiencing homelessness?

When to call the Police.

The Traverse City Police should be called if someone is trespassing on your property, damaging your property, littering on your property or is threatening or harassing you in any way. Depending on the severity you can call 9-1-1 or non-emergency 922- 4550. If you are questioning whether you should call the Police, you should do so. The Police are there to serve us.


When to call Goodwill Street Outreach.

You can call Goodwill Street Outreach if you are experiencing repeated problems with an individual experiencing homelessness who you can name, describe or otherwise identify. You can call John Sabatini at (231) 995-7721 or email him at John and his team work with those experiencing homelessness on a daily basis and know most of them. They will counsel guests that may be causing issues and promote being good neighbors.


When to call Safe Harbor.

You should call Safe Harbor with any issues, concerns or problems that do not fit the above categories. You can call Safe Harbor at (231) 944-0283 or e-mailing us at We strive to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.


When to call the housing hotline.

Anyone seeking shelter should call the Homeless Response Hotline (844) 900-0500 for assistance with all aspects of housing in our region.

We encourage our guests to respect the property rights of all of our neighbors at all times. Thank you for your understanding.