Room Use Policy
The Safe Harbor offices and meeting rooms are intended for those who are providing homeless services. These rooms are also available for use by individuals and groups serving people experiencing homelessness. A room application must be submitted to the Housing & Human Services Resource Center Coordinator or Evening Facilities Manager for approval prior to reservation.
- Shelter and Housing & Human Services Resource Center needs will have priority over any other use of these facilities. Use reserved by other individuals or groups may be canceled or pre-empted for shelter business needs.
- Rooms may not be reserved more than three months in advance. No organization or individual may reserve a room more than 12 times in a single year or one day in any single month. An exception may be made for churches during the week(s) that they are hosting.
- The meeting rooms are only available during the hours that the shelter is open and staffed. If an organization requires use outside of business hours, arrangements will need to be made and Safe Harbor may need reimbursement for staffing time.
- Groups that do not leave the shelter meeting room by closing or in time for the next scheduled use of the room will be charged an overuse fee of $100 and will forfeit the right to future use of the meeting room for one year from the date of the infraction.
- Use of the meeting rooms may not interfere with normal shelter functions or operations and must be in accordance with our guest expectation policy. Use of alcohol or controlled substances is prohibited.
- An admission fee may not be charged to attendees of events in the shelter meeting rooms. No promotions or sales of services, products, merchandise, materials or other items are allowed.
- If you would like to screen a film as part of your public program, you must obtain a Public Performance License for the individual film(s) from a licensing agent which allows you the right to screen your film publicly at the shelter. This license is required even if your film is offered to the public for free and is educational in nature. Your group will be required to provide Safe Harbor with a copy of the license that specifies the title and screening date of the approved film.
- We do not allow public presentations by candidates for office or supporters or opponents of ballot initiatives. Safe Harbor facilities may not be used for weddings or private parties.
- Use of our facilities does not imply that Safe Harbor endorses the group or ideas presented at the meeting.
- Individuals and groups approved to use the shelter meeting rooms shall not discriminate with respect to access to the space, nor against any individual on the basis of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or economic status.
- Use of shelter microphones, AV equipment or coffee maker need prior approval and must be operated by our volunteers or staff. The commercial kitchen remains off-limits. Room set up and restoration is the user’s responsibility.
- Specified individuals must take personal responsibility for rooms they reserve on behalf of groups they represent and must be 18 years of age or older. Any damage to the room arising from the use by any individual or organization shall be billed directly to the individual who secured use of the room.